1. A state of equilibrium: there is a happy couple planning to get married.
2. A disruption of that order by an event: Man gets called to fight in a war, goes missing in action
3. A recognition that the disorder has occurred.: Military phone girlfriend and inform her that her boyfriend has gone missing, woman lays around the house depressed and upset at her loss.
4. An attempt to repair the damage of the disruption: The man fights for surveil in an attempt to get home, meanwhile the woman is convinced to move on with her life and goes out with friends.
5. A return or restoration of a NEW equilibrium: The man returns safely to find that his girlfriend has moved on, he decides that she is happy that way and continues to be dead in her eyes.